Hello, today I will be talking about something that is completely different to what I usually talk about. This is because I wish to build up a view of my personality on this blog. If you know me, you should know that I love technology. It is my life and I’m using it all the time. It powers my blog and it contacts my family. It’s an amazing invention and it has come a very long way. Anyway, here are a few features that I have picked out from this years WWDC.
That’s right, we’re getting a new iPhone update! This is fantastic news! I can’t wait to see it. The new software will feature lots of new exciting things. Here are just a few:
- A new Siri-shortcut – launched without a button press, Siri will have its own shortcut which is done without a button press. This makes it easier for users to access apps that are most popularly used. In my opinion, this will be good for users who only have one hand available due to shopping bags or umbrellas. This is a great accessibility feature.
- Also, the development crew has been busy at work with safari by blocking Facebook’s tracking features. This is brilliant because it means that Facebook will have no access to the data which has been shared using Safari. This can be good for both Facebook and Apple because it means that more people will join Facebook as they are safe from data sharing. It’s good for Apple because they have taken into account their user privacy.
- From 2019, the mac will successfully be able to run IOS apps. This is fantastic news for those situations where we wish we could use something on our macs!
Mac OS Mojave
So it seems that Apple has definitely run out of Cats to name their software after. I’m aware they haven’t done this for a long time but, this proves that they’re finished with the kittens – sad times!
- Apple has unveiled the new “dark mode” feature. This means that users can switch to a darkened colour scheme which is recommended to be used at night time. This is great for the late night screen users such as myself.
- After sunset, your background will automatically be changed from a light photo of the default background to a dark one and vice versa. This feature is good for those who can get carried away when it comes to the time of day. Think of it a gentle reminder of the time of day.
At the moment, I haven’t had time to read the other features but I will let you know what I find!
Apple Watch (Watch OS)
The Apple watch has not been abandoned this time around. It has been updated with some useful features? I’m not yet too sure if they are.
- The new “Walkie-Talkie” feature – This is the one I really wasn’t sure about but it could be useful I guess. I believe it has been used to get rid of the phone call feature because of the fact that it is quite an odd device to have a chat on. I mean, you won’t be able to reach as many people but it could be handy for those who are in-range.
- They got rid of Siri! They got rid of the heart of Apple! Can you even believe that?! I mean, it’s technically still there but you no longer say “Hey Siri.” It’s not a “raise to talk” thing. This will be useful for… I’m not sure.
- The Apple watch can now display web views. It cannot surf the web but it can show some sites. This is great for the time you don’t want to get your phone out and show someone something. It’s also useful if it’s too risky to get your phone out. Calling all students!
These are the 3 main topics I have decided to talk about in this post because they’re the ones I am most passionate about. I could talk about the WWDC all day as it has been my passion to attend I just don’t feel involved enough with it to attend.
I for sure cannot wait to start using some of the new features including the 32 people facetime party! That one will be funny! I’m excited to see if there is anything that could be helpful to use for the blog too.
I know this post was a bit different but I think it was beneficial for me to write something new because it’s a distraction from my everyday life which some of you know can be difficult for me.
Yugen – An emotional response about the world too deep for words.